Cold and flu season brings on hacking coughs that can leave your chest muscles aching. But cold and flu aren’t the only problems that cause coughing. Allergies, asthma, dry air, etc are common causes of coughs. Even medication such as certain drugs for high blood pressure and allergies can cause chronic cough.
But here are a few natural remedies to relieve cough.
Image Credits: Wikihow
1. Peel a large cabbage leaf. Boil it in 500 ml of water leave it for a few minutes until it’s slightly soft. Put it on a plastic wrap foil and pour over it a layer of organic honey. Apply the foil to the chest or neck area with the smeared honey side over skin. Wrap again with another plastic foil and tie well with a scarf or towel. These applications are done in the evening, before bedtime.
Image Credits: Motherwouldknow
2. Boiled or baked pears are an excellent remedy against cough. A decoction of dried pears quenches thirst during fever: to 1 cup of chopped dried pears pour 500 ml of water and allow boiling for 20 minutes. Cover the bowl and leave to infuse for 4 hours. Filter and drink this infusion hot, 100 ml 4 times a day with 30 minutes before meals.
Image Credits: Healthadviserteam
3. Grind 2 ripe bananas. Pour 2 liters of boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. Filter and add honey.
Image Credits: Sargunarao
4. On 10 dates pour 500 ml of water and boil for 30 minutes. Stir well and drink it hot. You can also boil 6-7 dates in 200 ml of milk.
Image Credits: Newrecipenight
5. Prepare an infusion of 30g of raisins in boiling water for 45 minutes. Drain the water through a colander and consume raisins with milk before going to bed.
Image Credits: Blogilates
6. Grate 1 apple, 1 onion and 1 carrot. Add 2 tablespoons of honey and stir well. Consume this mixture hot, 1 tbsp 4-5 times a day.
Image Credits: Rawsay
7. Mix 2 tablespoons of grated apples, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of grated onion. Take 1 tbsp, 4-7 times a day.
Image Credits: Theselightfootsteps
8. Cut into cubes 10 onions and chop 1 garlic clove. Pour 500 ml of milk and boil until all ingredients are soft. Add to this mixture, mint and honey. Leave to infuse for 1 hour and filter the mixture. Take 1 tbsp, 2-4 times a day.