Less is More should be the motto before you start applying makeup. Exactly! That’s rule number one in makeup: less is more!
I mean, if you’re looking in the mirror after applying the makeup and you notice that the skin looks like a mask, loaded with foundation and powder, or red dots that resemble to grandmother’s cheekbones, or your lips look like drawn by a cubist painter, it means you exaggerated.
For a perfect makeup you need quality products, some important tricks and sense of proportion.
Here are the 10 fatal makeup mistakes that make you ugly:
1. Cruella’s brows, too thin, too carefully studied. Wake up! Natural eyebrows are now on a roll! If you’ve tortured them with tweezers turning them into a very thin line, don’t despair, you can hide them using pencils and a special makeup eyebrow.
2. Wearing evening makeup during the day – the dark colors of the specific evening makeup will look horrible on daytime.
3. Black eyeliner creates a too strong contrast on blonde’s eyes. Choose instead to complement the iris color hue. Don’t use pencil for blue and green eyes – will make your eyes look very cold.
4. Black as the eye can see – eyeliner all over is not a wise choice, unless you want to shock the audience with a gothic look. Khol Pencil is specially designed for the interior of the eye, because it doesn’t irritate the connective tissue and doesn’t create red eyes.
5. Spider eyelashes glued and loaded – note that volume eyelashes doesn’t mean they must be loaded with half a tube of mascara. Toss the old mascara that you probably forgot you bought it, which is full of bacteria and probably dried.
6. Too much concealer will distort the image and you will get only an ugly, colored and speckled appearance. In fact, very little is enough as long as it’s a complementary hue. I mean, if your dark circles are purple, you’ll successfully cover them with a yellow tint concealer.
7. Suckers lips – this is a huge mistake most women with thin lips make and think they will get an Angelina Jolie look. However, the effect will be the opposite, and your lips will look like a twilight zone.
8. The foundation mask – the effect occurs when you choose too dark or too light shade for your skin. However, this effect can also be achieved on a non-hydrated skin.
9. Excess concealer – you need to know that a pimple doesn’t disappear completely under your concealer. Instead of hiding it by applying a large amount of product, use complementary colors. Apply an ice cube to calm the redness and a little tea tree oil to stop bacterial growth.
10. Fire cheeks – too much color in the cheeks looks artificial, it doesn’t take a scientist opinion to figure out that. For a fresh look, you actually need very little blush. Shake well the brush before applying it to your face. You already applied too much? Settle it with face powder.